I'm following Mark and Tai's example. So here is my list.
1. I got my first tattoo at 30. I have two but it looks like one because one is on top of the other. My first tattoo was two roses with a banner between them. The banner read "Frank's Woman". Good piece of advice here--DON"T tattoo a person's name on yourself unless they are your child or parent. The second tattoo is the two roses (now completely, vibrantly red) with a blue snake wrapped around them and across the banner. Richie did my second tattoo. It was his idea to use the snake and the blue color was his idea. It's really beautiful, like a work of art.
2. I have two ex-husbands. They were both looking for a mother, not a wife. And a cook, maid, bank, etc. The second husband's name is under the blue snake. I thought it was kind of funny because he had blue eyes and I think snake (or perhaps serpent) would descirbe him.
3. The second ex-husband held me at gunpoint, threatened to kill me and pretty much everyone else, too, hit me in the face with the gun and finally let me go. Yes, I did go to the police station. He was released because they could not locate the gun. He's was a convicted felon when I met him. He was also still on probation when the incident happened. He was released the next day and drove about an hour to my dad's house where I was to try to carry out his threat. Here is where God stepped in. I was looking out the door at the road when he drove by the house. I no longer believe in consequences. I called the police. They came and couldn't find him. The deputy comes to the door to talk to me and there comes the ex. After about a 10 mile chase down a curvy country road, the ex ran a stop sign and slammed into another car. He was wrestled from the wreckage and arrested. He served about 3 1/2 years. He was convicted of assaulting me. I felt that was a victory because I had to face him to do that.
4. I was raised by a single father. My mom died of cancer when I was 2. She was 42. I have an older brother and sister. I don't remember my mother. I didn't know I looked like her until I was in my 20s and my grandmother gave me a photo album of mom when she was in her 20s.
5. I have 20 cats. Yes, you read that right! I'm very proud of myself right now. All are spayed and neutered and big babies.
6. I've struggled with weight issues since I was 10. I started puberty then. I'm fat. I'm an emotional eater. I love sugar, chocolate, and carbs. Most of which I can no longer have. I found out two years ago that I'm a Type 2 diabetic. I'm adjusting but it's my daily struggle. I discovered what cravings really are now!
7. I started therapy recently. See 2 & 3 for the reason behind that! I don't want to make the same mistake again. I attract the wrong kind of person-male and female. I want to change that. The depression is hard. I'm still pinpointing why I feel depressed. I found a really, good counselor. She's a Christian counselor and came highly recommended by a friend I trust.
7a. Afterthought during editing! I have self-esteem issues that make me easy prey for men like my exs. My grandmother liked to point out that I was not pretty, not skinny and not smart enough. I fought for years against that stereotype of what she thought of me. I graduated college. I got a job. I'm realizing now that it wasn't my problem, it was hers.
8. I can't spell.
9. I love to read. I like romance novels, sci-fi, mysteries, Harry Potter, Twilight, the classics (llike Tom Sawyer), history. I will read anything if I get bored. I've read car manuals before.
10. I have never read the entire Bible. I made it through about 6 books of the Old Testament. I'm Brethren so no excuse there.
11. I grew up in a church that is very traditional. You do not raise your hands in that church. You do not get excited in that church. You don't wear Christian rock band T-shirts if you're over 40.
12. I don't have problem getting my hands up at concerts. I sometimes attend a more progressive church and we raise our hands. I also like to sway to the beat. It's like tapping your feet--automatic reaction. I don't jump. My knees won't take it!
13. I love music. I sing very loudly at concerts. I'll apologize now to anyone seating around me! I also sing in my car. I love to rock! I especially like rock and metal.
14. I have a vivid imagination. I grew up in a rural area before cable, internet and video games. There were not many kids around to play with so I made up imaginary friends, lots of imaginary friends.
15. I consider Friday the 13th to be lucky! I had my appendix taken out on Friday, July 13, 2001. I think it's lucky because I only have a two inch scar below my belly button. I also attended my first Third Day concert on Friday, May 13, 2011. How could it ever be unlucky?!
16. I had back surgery for a ruptured disk in 2001. I lost about 70% of the feeling from my hips to my toes. I had to use a walker for a few weeks and then cane as I worked on strengthening my muscles and waiting for the nerve to regenerate.
17. I accepted Christ and was baptised whenI was 36. After 3, I was ready to listen to what God was saying! He has a way of getting your attention.
18. My dad had internal bleeding and chose to stop the transfusions. He was 78. He died May, 27, 2005. The day after Easter. I wasn't able to go to the hospital that day. I came down with a stomach virus on Sunday evening. I did get to say goodbye frist.
19. No one knows this. I saved the picture of Mac as a Jedi and it's my background now! I loved Star Wars!
20. The last and most important one. God is good. He has lead me to some wonderful girlfriends and supportive people. I'm so blessed to have a loving family also. I'm blessed to be included in the Gomers! I feel such an out pouring of love and support,no matter what mistakes I've made or flaws I have.
Okay, so here are some "important" things about me. I can't wait to read your blog!